Quality Enhancement and Research Cell was created in August 2011 when Rafique A. Khan had joined CIBES as Director Quality Enhancement
and Research has been set up in CIBES.
A. The scope and functions of QEC and Research Cell are as below
Evaluate and introduce best practices and continuous quality enhancement to shape CIBES as a world class institution for higher
education/advanced studies and research.
- Develop and implement best practices in tertiary education and research
- Train, guide and upgrade the faculty and the executive staff to implement quality enhancement at every step along with academic research
- Monitor implementation of best practices
- Continuously endeavor for sustainability and further improvements
- The Director Quality Enhancement and Research Cell reports to the Director CIBES and Chief Executive CET.
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence in the quality and standards of the CIBES’ degrees and their enhancement is assured.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic collaboration with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the above mentioned reviews. It should also help the
employers to know as to what they could expect from our graduates.
- QEC assists the various teaching departments to set out the attributes and abilities required by the Institute for the award of Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Degrees, etc.
- QEC designs quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and also to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC would additionally design the following procedure & processes;
- Approval of a new program
- Annual Monitoring and Evaluation including Program Monitoring, Faculty Monitoring, and Student Perceptions
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master’s, M. Phil and PhD degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- QEC would strive to do any other task (s) assigned by the Director/BOG
B. Advanced Studies and Research Cell
The Research Directorate would initiate and promote research work by students and faculty of CIBES. In this connection, the objective would be to imbibe the urge for new and original research work for the elevation of business organization in Sindh and Pakistan. A bi-monthly newsletter is being planned which would be up-graded into a research journal as soon the Faculty and students bodies grow up in size and eminence, worthy of a dynamic academic institution. Meanwhile the Research Cell would assume the task for guiding the students who will be required to undertake their Final-Year-Project before the award of The BBA/MBA degree.